Three Ways: Lace Overalls Part I

Monday, December 2, 2013

/ Top: Zara (old) / Sweatshirt: Forever 21 / Overalls: Necessary Clothing / Purse: Zara / Heels: Zara / Necklace: Francesca's Collections /

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving with family, friends, and loved ones. Being home in Texas was a much needed break. I know If you follow me on Instagram (leshkoln), I had promised this post would be up on Thursday. However, I decided to take time and be with family instead so this series is here this week instead.

I am not a fan of denim overalls at all. Unless you have stats of a supermodel, I find them to be unflattering on mostly all that attempt at them. However, when I saw these black lace ones this past summer at Necessary Clothing in New York City, I decided overalls are acceptable in lace (and obviously leather versions). To show how wearable and versatile they can be, this week I have shot them in three ways. Today, I chose to feature them in the form of pants layered under a denim button-down and new favorite sweatshirt. For some reason when I was getting dressed, denim just seemed like an obvious pairing for the black lace. I love how they are a straight style, but have a wider opening at the leg that I think looks fabulous with heels. With built-in solid shorts at the top, the sheerness is wearable for day-time but still able to be easily dressed up and styled for a night out. 



What do you think of overalls styled this way? Stay tuned for part II of this series on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...