Gift Guide: For the Family

Thursday, December 19, 2013

1. / 2. / 3. / 4

I'll admit, I was embarrassingly a little late on my gift-giving this holiday. With Hanukkah happening over Thanksgiving break this year (so odd!), it certainly caught my whole family off guard. So, while home for Winter break, I was finally able to catch up. After all, it's the season of giving, right? I picked up simple gifts that while small, were meaningful and pieces that I truly thought that the people in my family would appreciate.
Mom- I had noticed that she has been really into small and decorative bags recently. For a woman who usually carries her life in her purse, a smaller bag was something that not only felt more practical and easier to carry, but was a fresh update to her accessory wardrobe, as well. I went with a small hexagonal style from Urban. With an attachable chain, you could wear it as a clutch for evening, or a fun geometric style for afternoon to add a simple but quick update to an otherwise possibly basic look. The featured piece in the collage above is from Asos. While slightly clunkier and larger than the one that I actually ended up purchasing for my mom, the boxy nature of the one above was inspiring as a shape in general.
Dad- Still looking for the perfect style, but my dad enjoys decorative office pieces such as letter openers and paper weights. Gold and bronze always amp up an office setting, and this fall themed pinecone letter opener seems like a simple yet professional style to not only keep on his desk as decoration, but serves a useful purpose for all of his office and personal mail, as well.
My Sister, Lauren- My sister has a thing for candles at the moment. I have yet to see her without at least four burning in her room at one time. After a long search with scents at many stores, I stuck with one where most of her candles come from--Urban Outfitters-- and picked up a classic and soothing smell in Lavender and Thyme to keep her relaxed when she is lounging or studying in her room. And, since she's not always in her room, I bought her these zodiac earrings with her sign (Sagittarius). She always has the coolest jewelry pieces that I could never pull off, but look amazing on her. These little earrings seemed to be right up her alley and the combination with the candle couldn't have seemed more like her in my book. 

What did you get (or are planning on getting) your family for the holidays? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...