Dark Florals

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Turtleneck: Salvation Army-Syracuse / Skirt: Forever 21 / Boots: Target / Purse: Zara / Necklace: Style Lately c/o / Watch: Michael Kors

Like most people, I have a love/hate relationship with turtlenecks. Often too tight around the neck, they can look rather stuffy and conservative. But, done well, they can look very sleek, mod and put together. After deeming all of my ratty old turtlenecks as the former description, I began a rather long hunt for the perfect new version. It had to be not too tight around the neck, comfortable and have a slightly boxy fit. Almost convinced it didn't exist, I finally found it at Syracuse's Salvation Army for a few dollars, and I'm in love. This quilted mini skirt from Forever 21 is interesting not only for the dark floral pattern (which I'm always fond of), but for it's quilted detailing. It's rather short, so what better to balance it out with than a long-sleeved turtleneck? Keeping proportions in check can usually make or break any outfit but by pairing long sleeves with a mini you'll be fine for sure.





How do you feel about turtlenecks? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...