Camouflage

Monday, November 18, 2013

/ Dress: Joe Fresh via JC Penney / Vest: H&M / Purse: Zara / Heels: Ellen Tracey / Watch : Michael Kors / Necklace: Style Lately c/o /

Well, hey, 85 Dresses. It's been a while, but I am happy to be back. It's been a crazy few weeks and I have some exciting news! We had our Junior fashion show this past week and two designers from each decade (20's through 90's) were chosen to have their garment displayed in the Onondaga Historical Association as a part of their Fashion After Five exhibit and mine is one of the two that won from the 1960's decade. So, if you find yourself in Syracuse, NY, go check it out soon. It'll be there until May or June.

Anyway, this post is full of firsts. First fashion win, first fur vest, first time in camouflage, and first blogging gift. After having searched forever for the perfect faux fur vest, I finally found it and am slightly embarrassed to say that I wore it 5 days in a row last week. This H&M vest fit all of the checkpoints on my list from length to texture, and I am obsessed. The camouflage dress from Joe Fresh is one of those pieces that I saw and knew I had to have (on sale at JC Penney) and immediately put together this outfit in my head when trying it on. It's perfectly fitted but relaxed and although it's full-on camo, is surprisingly wearable. The fabulous necklace is a gift from Style Lately. Recently I've been really into small and delicate necklaces, and when given the choice to choose from their collection of statement jewelry pieces, I decided to get back into my love of chunky necklaces and chose this triangle crystal piece. I love how it's bold and certainly makes a statement, but at the same time goes so effortlessly with everything from buttoned-up blouses to chunky sweaters and everything in between. Thanks, Style Lately!





Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...