Dress Up

Friday, October 18, 2013


This week I have noticed that each post has been featured around either a black garment (or accessory) or home decor that includes black. I don' t know about you all, but I go through phases where I'm really into color and prints or I'll wear nothing but black for a couple of weeks. This week was one of those darker colored ones which was probably seen through the darker colored pieces featured. I realized this while pulling this week's Dress Up feature, Lulu*s 'Play it by Panier' black dress. When they say that little black dresses are a classic and a must-have in any woman's wardrobe, I love how I can always find a new style of them. This week's dress sold it for me with the side paniers. I had been familiar with paniers from seeing them featured in skirts and dresses in more recent collections and learning about them in fashion history, but seeing them at a reasonable price point and right now, got me excited for yet another little black dress, yet again. The wide-set paniers against the form-fitted bodice, lower neckline, and flirty length all work harmoniously to create a prefect LBD that is certainly unique and looks excuisitely crafted. For some reason all I want to do is put one on with matte red lipstick and stroll the streets of Paris. A girl can dream.

Also, I can't stop thinking how amazing it would look in a luxurious cream, as well.

What do you think about this week's LBD? Would you try paniers? I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...