Instagram Updates

Monday, September 30, 2013


Hi, everyone! I am so sorry for the lack of posts in the past week or so. While I am taking four classes this semester, it seems as if Draping and Magazine are controlling everything. Since sadly the blog has had to be on the back burner for the past week, I rounded up some of my Instagrams during that time that can help give a glimpse into what I've been working on. 

1. Rough sketches for my 1990's sketch project. Looking into lots of mesh and plaid and being inspired by Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain and androgyny. Does it show? I'd love to get feedback!

2. For a break after pulling a few all-nighters this week, which now resulted in a cold, I made a new set of sparkly earrings like the ones that I had made this past summer. I wanted to go for smaller pair that still packed lots of glitz. I think that the light green, pink, and crystals keep it fancy but still easily able to be paired with casual wear.

3. These were for my 1930's sketch project last week. Each week we have had to do 12 piece collections from certain decades (including technical flats). Here, I was inspired by Elsa Schiaparelli and more specifically her color, Shocking Pink. Can you tell?

4. These were the first sketch project that we did this year focusing on the 1970's. Not really a fan of 70's fashion, this was certainly the most difficult for me. Here I focused on Studio 54 and easy glamour.

5. Oddly, I had never been to Salvation Army. After my roommate raving about it each week, I decided to take a peek for myself and headed to the local Syracuse store for the first time. Happily, I found this fabulously quirky red, white, and blue dress that reminds me of an old cheerleading + flight attendant uniform combined. And, bonus points, it was only $5.00!

6. This is a bodice that I had been working on in my Draping class. While it looks simple, and I am slowly getting the hang of it, it's been a lot of struggles to get there. Also, if you know me at all, Starbucks always helps. 

To see more into my everyday projects, make sure to follow me on Instagram at @leshkoln.
Let me know if you like this post on updates. I'd love to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...