Charleston

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

//Top Left: A southern staple, iced tea// Top Right: My dad and I on Kiawah Island// Bottom Left: Sunset at the Battery//  Bottom Right: King Street, Charleston's main strip for great shopping, snacks, and it's minutes away from The College//

If you know me at all, you know that I have a slight southern obsession. Don't get me wrong, the East Coast has a special place in my heart, as well, but there is something about the south that will always be home. I spent my spring break with my family in the epitome of the south, Charleston, South Carolina. The last time I visited Charleston was when I was looking at schools and checked out CofC (College of Charleston), and it was interesting to see what has changed and what has remained the same. We payed a repeat visit to Angel Oak, the 1,500 year old Oak Tree, and a new visit to the vast beauty that is Middleton Plantation. While we received an unexpected snow storm today, it was certainly a treat to have spent my trip where breezy dresses and sandals replaced tights and riding boots and where southern hospitality is served up family style.

-I hope you all had a great break-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...