Dress Up

Friday, October 12, 2012


In my pattern making class we were just assigned our final project so that we can begin to gather ideas and inspiration surrounding the Victorian and Edwardian styles. In the 1860's sleeves began to showcase wider sleeves, and higher necklines with lace, and this week's Nasty Gal dress reminds me of a modern version of just that. One of my favorite styles of dresses are short in length but with long sleeves. I love the way that these sleeves are sheer and sort of blouse at the wrist and comes across as a rare vintage find that has been updated for a girl of today.

What parts of the Victorian/Edwardian era inspires you the most? I love how feminine and intricately crafted each of them are. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...