A to Z: Calligraphy

Monday, September 17, 2012

For a good amount of time now, I have been loving anything and everything calligraphy related. The way that the type looks so hand-made and intricate is something that is really aesthetically appealing. The term "calligraphy" comes from Greek words that translate to "beauty writing"and is "the art of giving form to signs in an expressive, harmonious, and skillful manner". (Mediavilla 1996:18) I have found myself lately looking up calligraphy tutorials on-line and trying to replicate the delicate curves and combination of thick and thin lines that make up the final design. Let me tell you, it is definitely more difficult than it appears. So, for now, here are some of my favorite designs that I have been seeing.




Have you ever had an interest in calligraphy or typography of any kind? Some of my favorites are always ones with the higher amount of ribbons. What about you?

* New York script from Sugar Paper, Los Angeles *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...